Monday, August 10, 2009

Day 30 ----Monday

Though I intended to rock and roll on Saturday, it ended up that I made calls to Miracle Team members and caught up with them, and also had a short visit with Susan. By the time this was done, Facebook grabbed me and then, much of the day was gone . . . but I felt good to look in on a few people and reply to a few posts, catching up on histories, careers and working to understand the power of "social networking". Though I ended up not having much productivity in terms of contacting new folks, but I did get to connect and have some time with Big Z, who came home early from a rained-out camping excursion.

Today was a grand day on the Customer Service line. It was almost non-stop and as folks called in just as my shift was ending and I ended up hopping off the line about 30 minutes later. That happens sometimes, and, how wonderful it is when a happy member is on the other end of my computer connection . . . !!!! There's nothing like a happy and motivated My Power Mall member, just like Antwon from Wisconsin (thanks, Antwon!). There's nothing like connecting with members who need a quick bit of help and getting them connected. There's nothing like teaching a person how to fish (showing them around their back office so that can show their new team members around it the next time).

Big news was also released in our company today . . . due to the speed of my day, it took me half the day to read it! ;-). We got a team email out today to let our team know about our Family Chat call tonight and about the big changes for My Power Mall.

The mid-portion of the day sort of fell apart and so I decided to stop pushing up-hill and instead take Big Z on a wet bike ride around big block and to take him to the bike shop a tune-up. Wet, yes it was. We got soaked as rain spit and spit, as the water on the street splatted and splatted! While we were at the bike shop, we gained a contact with a Mom. We offered to share some old bikes with her boys (Yes! Three BOYS!).

We will meet with her on Wednesday about the bicycles; and she was intrigued to gain info on Z's mall. I had my notebook on me and I already had the information filled out when I gave it to her:

name,
phone,
email,
best times to call.

She filled it out! I told her why it was written up like that, half-apologizing about it . . . but was super pleased that she filled it out completely while we were talking with the bike guy ;-).

We got back just in time for making some follow-up calls before Family Chat.

As I said, we've have much needed rain today . . . watering our dry earth and filling our local water supply; I didn't feel I was as productive as our rain ;-). Perhaps, as Ginny said tonight on the call, my roots were watered in invisible ways . . . surely as my heart was touched by everything said on the call, and from it, new life will come!

A good night to my boy just now; and early to bed am I, for my early commute back to the eye doctor as dawn comes --- Surely I will have much thanksgiving in my heart as I travel tomorrow, for . . .

. . . I do not have to make that commute every day of my life!

I am f'ree!

And Together We Can Change The World is part of me and my son's vehicle of f'reedom as we continue to "water our roots" so "new life can come" and so we can "hand money up to [Corporate]" and NPO's around the globe that choose to make a difference.

When you have a heart and you choose to give, this company is just the right company to partner with, whether you want to grow a business, or support a charity, or just to know that every purchase you make goes to support the One-Cause-At-A-Time Program --- that's 6% of Corporate Profits, baby!

http://www.givingtogetherisgood.com


BE-COME a WORLD CHANGER Today!

No comments: