Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Tuesday Feels Like Monday ;-)

Awakened to a beautiful morning after a wonderful night of rest. And, yes, the day has felt like a Monday, not because of the "grind" but because of taking the day off yesterday! ;-)

We caught up on a some follow-up calls after getting the morning under way and after a trip to the post office. Today I had that feeling of having so many directions I could take that are productive, that I wasn't sure which one to take. The walk to the USPS helped calm me down and help me focus. I also tidied papers on my desk, caught my calendar up, and once I made follow-up calls, I could feel myself returning into a groove that has become so comfortable the last few months.

I called the woman I met at a larger pharmacy hoping to catch her in to discuss Solar Oven sales; she was out, this for the 2nd time in a few weeks.

I returned calls to another pharmacy and a hardware store and updated them on our project, and then later had another return call from a larger wholesale warehouse, and updated him. This felt good.

I decided to write out the script I'm formulating as I talk with them and learn more about what is working when approaching these folks to partner with in supporting our Solar Oven Project.

Many of them want to support a local organization either by cash or by product donation or discounts for silent auctions, etc. I wonder how we can have this work for us, but I haven't come up with a viable idea about that as yet. My best thought is being able to take the product they give/donate, sell it and use the funds to buy a certificate to give to a local charity.

By this time, Big Z was chomping for more personal time with Mom, so we hopped on our bikes at 5:15 and made a huge loop around our area and got back at 7:15. It was a fun ride, and just the right temperatures.

Amazingly, the sun has gone down, and it's already dark. The days are getting shorter . . .

Oh, and the news of the day:

Operation World Changer has been put off a week due to a technical situation. Perhaps we'll have an update tomorrow that will illuminate more.

Until then, as Red Green once said to his followers, "Keep your stick on the ice." And, keep nourishing your goals and your vision for your ever-increasing bright future.

This reminds me, too, of another call I made today. To the Mom at the fair yesterday --- I called to tell her how fun it was to run into her washing the BIG horse and we had a nice visit. She mentioned having friends in town and how her boy just loved having available an extra bike for his 9 year old friend to ride. They had a famous time! So, we spoke of how wonderful it was to have unexpected connections, and how, at this point, perhaps we'll continue to keep in touch.

We never know when we're going to meet someone that will impact our lives in such a way as it will never be the same again. I cannot know about this woman, and what it will mean, but in the back of my head, I'm curious. Ground is fertile to re-approach her at some point with TWCCTW as it has already been mentioned, and she has a card. Knowing her next few weeks are full caring for the horses at our local fair, and another fair south of where we live, she's got her mind on other things. But I can't help but wonder if she'll be one of those unexpected business partners we all hope for, ask for, and then, shows up in our lives. It will be fun to have it all unfold and find out ;-).

No comments: