Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Day 32 --------Mid-Week

A busy day !!!

Got to share the bicycles from our contact at the local bike shop from the other day; and they shared with me. The eldest boy loved the "classic" bike, but they took both. It was a wonderful time of interaction, however, Big Z was at basketball camp time, so he didn't get to have more time with these young boys. It was magical to watch the eldest boy choose his favorite bike and to have him not care at all about "bells and whistles" and instead value the "simple over the complicated".

I didn't talk about My Power Mall with Mom after all, but we've left the door open for a potential ride on the local trails, even though the family lives in a neighboring town. And, I will send a thank you note for the gift shared in return and will open the door again to shopping rebates in another moment.

Believe it or not, I had opportunity to read the Update for today, click on the link to the new site for the Operation World Changer and then didn't get to read it before I was out the door for my meeting with the owner of the India restaurant.

I didn't know what to expect in terms of them having viewed the video. The oldest boy was there, and so I sat down with him and we got to work as Mom stood by for a few minutes. I was pleasantly surprised they DID watch the view, this morning! YEAH!

Mom then bustled between a steady flow of customers, I was engaged for a good portion of time with her 10 year old boy as he fired questions at me. It was very sweet and I was really surprised at his interest.

His first question was, "Have you met Ginny?"

Then, questions ran from "How do you get paid?" to "How do you sign up?" to "What is a tier?" to "How does the American Express Gift Card work?" to "How much does it cost and how much do I pay monthly?" I wrote out three pages of notes . . .

Mom came back and forth to the table and we had more minutes at the end of my time to talk a little bit. She was tired! What I learned causes me to be even more glad that I went to speak to her.

Business owners are not immune to financial distress.

She said her clients and customers believe that everything is fine, when really, they aren't. Knowing we have the potential to help her entire family should they choose "YES!" was a thought of thanksgiving for TWCCTW.

I asked her where she stood on a scale of 1-10 and she said, "A five moving toward a 10." She didn't really have too many questions, so I went over what we spoke about with her son, and the questions he asked me.

She was beginning to yawn and I knew not much more would be retained. So I asked, "What would move you closer to a 10?" She wasn't sure in that moment. I left her with, "The sign-up process is simple. When you're ready to get started, then I'll be here to help you. I want to ensure I walk you through the certificate registration again so you're sure to get your Visa Gift Cards. I'll be there to help you." We hugged and I shook hands with her boy and I was off.

I am pleased with the series of our interactions the last three weeks; and I'm sure good will come of it in many ways. I will check in after next week when I know a family member will help her with her Internet and email connection. She had troubles accessing business email on her home computer. I also recommended they get a Gmail account before they sign up with their World Changer Mall. I'm very optimistic and left there feeling good. The meeting was about 2 hours.

Going into a business is one sure fire way to have a meeting that is in an "uncontrolled environment". Your ability to have a steady conversation is challenged by the proprietor's need to have their focus on the customers . . . therefore, from my limited experience, I would say to always allow for additional time in your schedule to accommodate the unexpected and perhaps longer meeting than you may intend.

I also realize there may be a way to have a meeting set where the environment can be more controlled. I have a friend who has been in beverage sales for a number of years; he now has worked for the Lottery for a few years. He's been into thousands of businesses. I am going to set up a time to talk with him and see what he can share with me that will help me "leverage myself" in a business setting.

Biked to piano with Big Z and had a good time.

Got on a conference call with the women's online networking group and posted in their forum. It was a good call and I'm looking forward to my "stepped up" commitment to "grow" within this community and with the information they are teaching on these calls. I feel confident this program and connection with this group of international women will benefit the growth of Big Z's Enterprise and our team expansion.

Thank you to Sandy, Jacki, Shannon, Phillip and Tom for your check-in today. I appreciate all of you!

And, Eleanor, thank you, too, for checking in periodically throughout Miracle Boot Camp to see how it was going. You're appreciated, too! I'm really enjoying John Assaraf and Murray Smith's book, The Answer. I see now why you recommended I "do what they tell you to do!"

I pass along Eleanor's recommendation to everyone who's reading this post. The Answer is very much worth the read; and, it will be very much more worth it to you to take the time to complete the exercises and implement their daily actions for 30 days and beyond. I intend to do this myself.

10 PM already? HOW can that BE?

Well, signing off ---
and reporting:

1 contact for Monday
1 contact for Tuesday
0 Contacts for Today

(I reported to Susan on Monday and Tuesday, but I betcha she's pretty much inundated by being at the helm of the Certificate program AND preparing for Operation World Changer ;-).)

Happy and restful sleep to YOU. May your heart be filled to the brim with the changes that are coming to YOU n-o-w.

No comments: