Friday, August 21, 2009

Learning Curves and Saying YES

Today was a special day of climbing a large learning curve that felt sky-high at the start of the day ;-).

I am no adept in the art of creating documents, flyers, or any other sort of media. I have never been proficient in any office program, just winging it with word processing for all these years.

Today felt kind of like when I was exploring this world of blogging---which we're used to much more now, however, the hows and whys and strategies are still hazy!

Today I learned about finding clip art on the Internet, specifically by searching through images on Google. How? By doing a search for free clip art. Put in the search box what type of clip art you wish to find, then when the search results come up, click on the "Images" link and all documents with images will come up in the search. Pretty cool.

I spent about an hour or so exploring and finding the clips I wanted to use to make a flyer for the brochures for business owners and for the table tomorrow.

Then, I got busy in Office 2007 --- mind you, this is a brand new program for me. Just downloaded it a few days ago and it's transformed my documents and made them feel like a foreign language!

And with that, the better part of my day was spent creating flyers by exploring features of Word and figuring out how to use them ;-). From figuring out how to use a watermark to figuring out how to even find my clip art (for some reason, it never showed up in the search box for it--- I had to go through the picture link and do a search from my hard drive to find the files where I placed them), to figuring out how to wrap text around objects, etc. I finally felt a sigh of relief when I knew I pretty much had my documents done.

Now, the true test: They are being reviewed by Ginny and she'll get back to me in the morning about them.

*******************************************************************************
*******************************************************************************

Today's Update had something cool in it: AMERICAN EXPRESS GIFT CARDS!
Double Commissions through August
No Card Fees--No Shipping Fees

Here's an email from Barbara Harding, a Founding Member about purchasing her new AMEX Gift Cards:

Hello Ginny,

I just ordered American Express cards for Christmas. There is no per card fee and 2nd day delivery is also free.

I purchased 18 cards and only paid the face value. This is the time to swamp American Express with orders. If they see what MPM can do, maybe they will be more willing to work with us. Besides, this month the commission is 2.10%!

Shop for Christmas NOW and save!

Barbara Harding

WOW! This is fantastic ~~~

AMEX is on MY LIST for Shopping this Month!!!! ;-)

**********************************************************************************************************
**********************************************************************************************************

Other notable news in the Update was regarding the Operation World Changer:

Helping Hearts Partnership Program – Team Lead: Tess Hustead

This program is actually a brand new division of My Power Mall, with Tess Hustead chosen as the Director! This is also the only Operation World Changer choice that allows you to make money immediately as you build your business! Yep - Tess will be heading up a team of people who will be setting up tables at local grocery stores, gas stations, etc. - selling certificates to customers.

You will earn $5 from each certificate sold! On an average you should be able to sell about 40 certificates a weekend - generating $200. That's cool, but the most important thing is that you'll also be following up with these people to share My Power Mall with them.

Let's be conservative and say only 2 people a week become a World Changer - I think MOST will at least get a Personal Mall. What would your business be like if you were adding 2 World Changers a week (100 a year)? The potential here is amazing.

I would encourage you to be one of the first in your area to get involved - possibly positioning yourself for a Regional Managers position in this new division. :) The weekend income will be nice - the long-term residual income will change your life!


********************************************************************************
********************************************************************************

Now you know why I've been talking about the strategies I've been talking about this week ;-). We are so excited to be setting up our first table certificate fundraising sale tomorrow and Sunday for the Happy Hearts Partnership Program. YEAH!

I set an intention after Ginny's request to find a location for this weekend that we would find a business owner who had the same TWCCTW heart and vision as we do. We found her! And, we're able to fund not only the Solar Oven Factory but we're able to help her fund the library expansion that she and the entire community has been working on for 6 years! They have raised an incredible amount of money thus far, and they are needing to raise the last $20K dollars. How thrilling to be able to be a part of this process this weekend. And, how wonderful it will be to meet many more members of our community.

I am so humbled and filled with joy and gratitude to be asked to be the Director of the Helping Hearts Partnership Program by Ginny. Thank you for your belief in me, Ginny, Jacki, and the entire M-Team. I appreciate you and I am happy to join with you in furthering TWCCTW's vision.

We're going to have a lot of fun, while doing activities that may or may not be our strengths. Activities like I did today --- creating flyers with a deadline and not having the skills as the day began! Activities like getting on the phone and calling business owners, introducing who I am and TWCCTW, and asking them to partner with us in a fundraising experience. Being able to focus on the goal and visualize the business owners and people who "catch the vision" and not be detoured when you happen to speak to someone who says, "No" or they have their guard up and are asking questions that you may or may not have the answers to.

Each and every time we commit to something new, we will grow and stretch. We will face unknowns and need to trust that we will be given what we need as it appears to do the best possible job while also bringing about the best results possible for everyone involved.

As you read this, and you consider where you are in your My Power Mall business, I encourage you to take the risk to step out of your comfort zone and do the activities that will move you forward toward your own success.

Take a look at the new options for Operation World Changer. Choose the best option for you. Or better yet, choose the option that is most uncomfortable for you.

Bottom line: Choose an option. Say, "YES!" to your opportunity. Go for it! Stretch and grow! And, I'll be meeting you joyfully along your path to your freedom--- of you being able to live your passionate life, and giving to others along the way.

Lastly, I wish to say, "Congratulations, Shannon!!!" I'm so happy you'll be heading up the Flyers, Invitation Cards and Business Cards Team. YEAH!! You're going to do a great job! Whoo-hoo.

Have a great weekend, everyone! Enjoy!


No comments: